Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween!


Wednesday was a really long day for me, but a truly fantastic. I had quite a few students from my 11th grade class come over to help me bake some cookies and other goodies for the Halloween party that I was in charge of that was taking place on Thursday. We baked for about 3 hours and then ordered pizza for dinner and had a blast with it. It was a great chance for me to get to bond with my students and really let them get to know me outside of the classroom.


Thursday was our awesome Halloween party. I don't think anyone knew what to expect since they've never experienced an American Halloween before. We had bobbing for apples, pin the tail on the black cat, pumpkin seed spitting contest (which they loved) amongst other things. The treats that my 11th graders baked were gone in about 30 seconds and enjoyed by all. I hope that Matt and I get the chance to do something like this for other American holidays too.

No comments:

Post a Comment