Friday, February 3, 2012

Internet Fast

So, this past week, my friend Justin and I challenged each other to a week with no internet. We both realized about a week and a half ago just how much time we spend...rather, waste... on the internet. We lose productivity and time just seems to slip away from us. So, from last Friday until today after school we were banned from the internet. The only exception for me was for school work and we had a two hour grace period on Sunday in order to Skype with family, etc.

Surprisingly, it was fantastic and much easier than I thought it would be. I realized just how productive I could be without spending all the time on the internet. Like I mentioned before, it was a literal waste of time. I wasn't even being productive on the internet, I was just browsing and exploring. I got so much done, too! I did more homework and got it completed in a more timely manner. I got to cook so many amazing meals and made a lot more baked goods than I normally do (which my friends really appreciate...) and I was able to spend more time with people. Now, I don't mean that I had hours and hours on end to deal with, but I had about an extra hour or so everyday to play with. Unfortunately, most of it was spent on school work. But because I got that done throughout the week, I have more time for this weekend!

I'm getting rid of a lot of sites that I read. I just realized that they don't do anything for me, so there's no point in being a part of them. It's quite exciting really. I actually have a lot to blog about this weekend, so I'm sure there will be many 1 or 2 more posts this weekend alone. Get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment