Saturday, February 4, 2012

2012

So I know that I talked about my goals already for this year, but things have changed since then. Yes, I am still "dedicated" but now there is a little more definition to said determination. I've been reading this book called PUSH and it's been amazing so far. It's written by this lady named Chalene Johnson and she is the trainer for the workout program called TurboFire that I am currently a part of. While it's a fitness book, it's so much more than that. She's getting to the root of making goals and finding ways to achieve that in every area of your life. One of the biggest things that she does is motivate you to write 10 "get-your-butt-in-gear" goals. These goals are supposed to be difficult, but achievable. These goals are meant to motivate you to discipline yourself in order to get them done. I'm really looking forward to mine.

They are as follows:

1. Pay off $5,000 of student loans after my highest one is paid off (which will end up being the equivalent of approximately $7,000 total this year)
2. Pay off my credit card (CHECK!!!!)
3. Put $2,000 into savings
4. Get to 23% body fat by working out at least 5 times per week and eating veggies with at least one meal every day.
5. Run a half-marathon with my dad, but be able to run a 10K (6.1 miles) by my birthday in May
6. Visit Rome (I want this one sooooo bad)
7. Memorize the book of James
8. Take 8 grad classes (including the 3 I'm taking right now)
9. Complete an Insanity and TurboFire program
10. Mentor at least once a week.

Pretty crazy, huh? But I'm actually really excited about it. The financial goals are going to take a LOT of discipline, but I definitely think that they're manageable. Most of that will have to come in America and I have to make decisions every day in order to get those goals accomplished. It'll have to be decision such as buying a cheap car and not such a nice one, not getting a smart phone, etc. If I accomplish these goals, I have to say that I'll probably feel like Wonder Woman.

Does she just look like she could kick butt????

No comments:

Post a Comment