Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fitness

This year Will, Joanna, and I are all focusing on getting healthy. Not skinny, necessarily, but healthy. It's definitely a lifestyle change, that's for sure. But it's a great one. I've been reading about how we need to get rid of DIETING and get into a LIFESTYLE CHANGE. (I mean...who doesn't want to look like this girl??) No one wants to diet for the rest of their lives. Heck, I don't want to diet for a week, much less years on end. No, thanks. But we really are working on getting our acts together as far as working out and eating better. We're not cutting out all sweets and junk food, necessarily, but we're definitely cutting back on it A LOT.

I've started recording everything that I eat in a day and let me tell you, it is eye-opening. I never realized before how much junk that I was eating and just how many calories I was consuming. No wonder I wasn't losing any weight by just exercising. Eating healthy is 80% of the weight loss journey, which is what I think most people miss. They think that they can work out for hours on end and they'll get the body they want. I mean...that's what I thought. Seems logical. Nope.

So, we're over here in Budapest trying our best to get fit and healthy. Will wants to look like Tony Horton (the coach of P90X...his dream body..even though the picture is a bit frightening) and Joanna and I just want to get toned. Will is shedding the weight like crazy because he's a stickler, but Joanna and I keep cheating with our diets. :) I guess we need to check ourselves before we wreck ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment