Monday, January 31, 2011

Eventful Weekend

Well my weekend went something like this:

Friday- Movie night with my students
Saturday- Babysit in replacement of my roommate who breaks ankle while babysitting
Sunday- Visit said roommate in hospital

It was an absolutely crazy and pretty much non-stop weekend. Friday night was fantastic. I had about 6 students over for a movie night. I baked them brownies and apple pie while we watched Date Night. They had never seen it before and they seemed to enjoy it thoroughly. It was a great time to have them over and bond with them even more. I'm even making some progress with some students that I though didn't like me too much at the beginning of the year. Turns out that they just take a while to warm up to someone new. :)

Saturday was crazy. My house was left looking like a fraternity had torn through here because there were plates and glasses as well as food remnants everywhere left over. Well, while I was eating breakfast and even before I had the chance to clean up, I got a call from my roommate who was laying in the snow at a park saying that she had broken her ankle. The ambulance and her fiance were both on the way, but she needed me to take a taxi over there ASAP in order to cover for her while she went to the hospital.

Turns out, she has a severely fractured ankle and they had to do surgery in order to repair it. They had to put a metal plate and some screws in there in order to strengthen it again. She's going to be in the hospital for a few more days in order to recover, but she'll be stuck at home for about 5-6 weeks. BUMMER! She was supposed to start teaching at the University again this week, but has to find some sort of replacement since she can't cancel that many classes. I visited her yesterday and gave her some company for a little less than 2 hours. She's in a lot of pain, but she's a tough gal. She said that God is already healing her ankle and it already felt astronomically better before they even did the surgery. So, we're all obviously still praying for a ridiculously quick recovery. I can't wait for her to get home since she's been gone to various places for almost 2 weeks. SO, please be praying that everything heals correctly and quickly, but also pray that something works out for her classes. It's a huge stress factor for her and we're all looking for some possible options in order to help her out.

No comments:

Post a Comment