Saturday, September 25, 2010

Visegrad

Today was spectacular. I went to the first Conversation Club of the year on Thursday which is when a bunch of foreign students from the local university get together and just hang out... we may or may not have also participated in some karaoke afterward too. :)

So, today we went to Visegrad which is a castle about 45 minutes away. We all got together, rented a bus, and headed out. We spent some time touring the castle and such and then we went to a local park nearby to enjoy time together. We cooked some stew over a fire and just hung out, played frisbee, and had a pretty good time. It's fantastic getting to meet people from all over the world AND still be able to communicate with them.

Just off the top of my head, I've met people from: Cypress, Columbia, Russia, the Netherlands, more Hungarians, Korea, China, etc. So it's been an absolutely fantastic time. The majority are around my age, so that makes it even more exciting for me to finally get to connect with some people that are my age (and it doesn't hurt that I have a blast with them too). I can't wait for next Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment