Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sickness

So sickness came upon me this past weekend starting on Friday and has haunted my presence continuously. My longest days are Mondays in which I teach 5 classes in a row, but God definitely got me through it. I'm not sure I would have survived otherwise.

I have finally met all of my students and they are a hoot. I'm going to need to pray for some extra help with students who are more trouble than others, but I really want to make an impact on everyone..not just the good kids.

We had our first Bible study as a team tonight which was awesome. We got a chance to encourage and challenge one another as well. We are going to each be prayer walking at a place that we feel led to pray for over the next 2 weeks. Then we're going to come together and figure out something that we can do as a team (and with other missionaries in the area) in order to serve the community.

In other news, I was supposed to run a 5K this Saturday at night where you run through the main part of town and all the lights are on, but unless my lungs miraculously heal.. that probably won't be happening. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment