Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Day

God is so good.

Last week I was reading in the Bible and I came across the verse that said "if you ask this in my name, it shall be given to you". Well, I've heard this verse a million times, but have never really put it to practice (foolish of me, really). So I prayed that the Lord would take away my anxiety and worry for the school year.

Today was our first day! It was a little pointless since all we did was have a small ceremony to celebrate the 100th anniversary (and when I say pointless it's because I couldn't understand a single word they said) and then I met one class for literally 30 seconds. One of my colleagues pulled me into his class just to introduce me since I'd be teaching them eventually and that was all.

I know that it was a small day, but it was nice in order to sort of break the ice and get a look at what I'm dealing with. I'm still fighting over what I should do tomorrow. I mean, it's only introductions, but first impressions last you know...

I'll let you know how tomorrow goes. AND hopefully I'll get some pictures up soon- I've been seriously lacking in that department.

No comments:

Post a Comment