Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sabbath

Man, I really need a Sabbath. Last semester, I was convicted of truly participating in the Sabbath and taking it to heart. It was fantastic when I actually disciplined myself to honor that and the Lord really helped me to keep my life in check. The sense of relaxation was just absolutely fantastic and definitely from the Lord.

I haven't had a Sabbath since I've been here and it's really taking it's toll on me. We've been doing language school everyday (which is great and really coming along) and going to the stores non-stop to get stuff to survive in our new flat. Even looking at my schedule now, it's slightly overwhelming and I'm not really sure when I'm even going to get a chance to truly spend an entire day in Sabbath.

So, please pray for me that I actually get a day of rest. A day (preferably by myself... even as much of an extrovert as I am, I'm really struggling with having no alone time recently) My daily quiet time is really keeping me going from day to day, but it's just not the same as being able to spend an entire day of rest every week. I am honestly and truly praying for my time of rest because I need it desperately.

1 comment:

  1. You have to make the time my dear. It's difficult I know and we talked about this on Skype, but it's up to you to do what is right for you. Make some time and if others are not giving you the space you need, be honest with them and tell them that you not only want, but NEED some time to yourself. They will understand and you'll be much better off.

    ReplyDelete