Monday, February 21, 2011

Busy Weekend

This weekend was super busy, but extremely fulfilling. On Saturday, I went bowling with 7 of my students and we had a blast. Some of them are really competitive, so it was great to get to watch them interact with one another. It was also a lot of fun to watch Marci (an EXTREMELY competitive guy in my class) get beat by Kristi (an extremely reserved girl) who has only been bowling one other time in her life.

I also got to go to dinner with some of my 12th grade girls all the way in Szendentre. One of the girls lives out there (it's about 30 minutes by railway) so we went to meet her and had drinks and shared a really good time. They asked me to go to coffeehouse with them this weekend, so I'm looking forward to spending more time with them then too. They really are a GREAT group of girls and I absolutely love spending time with them.

Sunday night was a birthday party for my roommate, Jo, and another girl from our Bible study, Hope. We went to an extremely popular restaurant and had a great time there too.

I'm so excited to be here for another year and grow these relationships, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I'm not 100% sure why, but I think it has something to do with the full realization hitting me that I'm finally growing up and I have to support myself and be independent now. Yikes! But, that's just something that I'm going to have to work through for now and keep praying about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment