Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Catch Up

There has been so much going on since the last time that I've blogged that I'll do a quick recap:

Illnesses on all accounts are completely recovered and I have to say that it's very refreshing and alleviates a lot of stress.

We were able to give gifts to the homeless last week and that was amazing. We collected so many things (way more than I thought we would be able to) and we able to give out so many gifts to so many thankful recipients. The bags included: apples, oranges, peanuts, scarves, gloves, hats, socks, toothpaste, a toothbrush, hand wipes, candy, tissues, and deodorant. We met a huge group at one of the train stations where they were all crowded in a warm room to sleep together. The were so thankful and the celebrated even the small things like the hand wipes. It's just so amazing to see how much small things can brighten up the weeks of these people.

Christmas is tomorrow and we're all excited. Joanna's family is here visiting and they brought so many goodies with them. Tomorrow is going to be a great day of just hanging out, exchanging gifts, and skyping with family/friends here and there. I'm really looking forward to it. I have to admit though that I'm torn about spending my first Christmas away from home. Even though with all the stuff going on as of late, it's been almost too busy to be homesick.

Last, but not least, I had a great time with my students the other day when we traveled to Vienna. I also got to hang out with a few of them at my house the night before and it was a great bonding experience. It was fantastic to be able to sit down with them in an intimate setting and just talk with them and continue to build our relationship. They even invited me to hang out with them to get some hot chocolate after Christmas- so I'm really looking forward to that. I've also had the chance recently to witness to one of my colleagues and share my beliefs about marriage, etc. We didn't get to talk about too much because we were under time constraints, but it was a great way to open the doors. So keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment