Monday, July 5, 2010

The Final Countdown

So, since today is technically Monday, that means in exactly 2 weeks and a few hours I will be shipping off to Hungary for an entire year. There is no point in hiding the fact that at this point I am more nervous than I have ever been in my life. Don't get me wrong, I am way beyond excited, but the anticipation is killing me. Even more than that, I am starting to realize that I am saying goodbye to friends that I will not see in a year...if ever again. It's a very hard realization to take in and makes me sad even as I'm typing this. I know that this is a God thing, though, and that I will make great friends overseas, but that doesn't ease the pain too much.

On a much lighter note, however, God is continually blowing me away with His faithfulness. A few days ago, I talked with Tom, the director of CEO, and he told me that I had passed the $3,000 mark. I was not too happy about that because I was hoping and praying to be a little further in my fundraising, but Tom reassured me that I was on the right track and that with $3,000 I could get started over there, but I would just have to budget a little bit.

Well, recently I went to go visit some of my closest friends (and my surrogate Aunt and Uncle..the Starkers) in KY for a week before I left. We were out for a car ride and they were asking me some more detailed questions about my trip. Fundraising came up as a part of it and how I had recently been encouraged by a former teacher that God would without a doubt provide the money that I need for my trip. The very next day, the Starkers handed me a check for $2,000 and told me that since they were lacking a home church at the moment, they prayed and decided to tithe their money to my trip instead. I was ecstatic to say the least. I logged on to my email to tell Tom about the donation when I received another email from the Reynolds family (another close family friend) saying that they too were lacking a home church and were writing a check for $1,500!!!

After being completely overwhelmed by God's faithfulness and goodness, I could do nothing but cry. I could not believe that after lacking in my faithfulness to God that he would still choose to bless me in such a HUGE way. This whole time, I've been praying to get at least $5,000 before I left and now I have over $6,500!! In one day, my donations literally doubled. God is so good and I just can't get over it. I'm sorry this is long winded, but I wanted to do the story justice and just show you that God truly does bless those who are doing his work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment