Sunday, June 24, 2012

Rome!!

My dream has come true! I'm in Rome!

I have spent 3 days here so far and I'm in love.  I got a SUPER cheap flight here (as in less than a tank of gas) and it's been a blast. I mean, I've seen everything and I'm so overwhelmed with history and joy at the same time.

Yesterday was my favorite day, for sure.  We woke up later in the day and kind of lazed around for a bit.  Then we went to the Colosseum (yay!!!) and Palatine Hill (which is where Rome was founded and where all of the Kings/Emperors of Rome lived).  Joanna and I paid for a guided tour and it was worth every single penny.  When we met up with the guys after the tour, I wanted to spill all of my guts to them about everything that I learned, but they didn't really care (I mean...that's why they didn't pay for the tour, after all).  I learned SO much and I was freaking out the whole time, to be honest.  I just loved every.single.minute.

After, we came back and made some dinner at our B&B before heading out into the city for the night time stuff.  We started out with gelato (delicious!) and then we went to the Vatican at night, which was awesome as well.  Then we headed over the bridges and made our way to the Trevi fountain, the Pantheon, as well as some other night time wondering.  Then we stayed up until past 2 int he morning to play our favorite card game.  Stellar day, to say the least.

We're heading out to dinner now for some more pizza and gelato probably. I've got some great pictures because Joanna let me borrow her awesome camera, but I'll have to post those when I get them loaded up when I'm home.

No comments:

Post a Comment