Sunday, June 24, 2012

Goodbyes

Goodbyes have started and goodbyes are no fun.

I made my way to Prague for two goodbyes- to Prague itself and to my friend, Sharon.  Sharon was one of my best friends while in Europe and it was hard to say goodbye.  Even though we lived in different cities throughout this past year, we stayed in touch and kept each other updated on the other person's life.  Plus, we have an awesome relationship that picks up right where it leaves off whenever we're together again.

Next week, I'm heading to Amsterdam to say goodbye to 3 very dear friends of mine and it makes me even more sad.  Then Budapest is going to be SO full of goodbyes that I'm SUPER not looking forward to doing.

However, goodbyes are a natural part of life and it's something that we have to live with.  Growing up in the military, I'm used to it, but I have to say that I'm a bit out of practice since high school since I haven't moved around a ton and I haven't had to say goodbye to the friends that are the closest to me.

But, hopefully, these won't be goodbyes for many people for a long time.  Hopefully, it's more of a "see you later" instead.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment