Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pride

I think that pride is perhaps one of the biggest issues that we face in life in general. However, I have been EXTREMELY convicted about it as of late. It came though a series of events in my life recently where I realized that I was judging some of my dearest friends because I was taking on a self-righteousness that I don't deserve. God really got to me through that. I realized that I've become extremely self-centered and self-focused to the point where I'm just shocked. How did it get this far??

But, through God's grace and his Scripture, I received the conviction that I needed and the means to work my way to fix it. I'm going to be spending a lot more time memorizing Scripture and praying specifically against this. Every time I sense that I'm judging someone, I shall be praying for them right there and then. I've already emailed my two mentors asking for their prayers and accountability. I'm bringing it up in accountability this week with my friend Joanna. And I shall be making amends with those people that I've offended in all of this. It's a lot, but I know that God is going to carry me through it. I already feel like a burden has been lifted off my shoulders just recognizing this and acknowledging that it needs to be changed.

God is so good. Even when we're not. Perhaps, especially because we're not.

No comments:

Post a Comment