Thursday, March 1, 2012

Baking Day

Oh, dear! I've realized that I never posted about my epic baking day that I had with my students last week.

Well, it was epic.

After hearing them ask for recipes over and over and over again and then saying that they weren't sure how to put things together, I opted to have them over for a baking day to teach them it all. We spent most of the day Saturday baking, hanging out, and finished with a movie while enjoying our creations.

They were fantastic. Everything was made by them and from scratch. They made cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting, carrot cake with the same frosting, mini apple pies, and puppy chow. It all tasted pretty good. Especially the cinnamon rolls. Yum. I've missed those so much.

We had tons of fun and they're dying to do it again. I can't wait for warmer weather to hit so we can do more outdoor stuff with them. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them uploaded to my computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment