Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Desire and Patience

God has been teaching me a lot about desire lately, but mostly about the patience that comes with those desires. There are so many things that I want out of life, so many things that I want to know that I just haven't figured out yet. Yet, God still tells me to be patient and wait. I was in a particular state of craziness yesterday about all these desires. They all hit at once and I kept asking God, "When will I know X?" or "When will I figure out Y?" It was frustrating. BUT, God was faithful like always. Literally at the half way mark of my run, my ipod died. Coincidence? I think not. I used that time that I had running home to lay it all out on the table for God and just say "God, I have no idea- you do this".

The best part about this run (and I love when God does this in general) is that He really slapped me in the face with some Scripture. I had been reading and attempting to memorize four verses on waiting and patience over the past week or so and God finally just hit me with them and was like, "You've been reading and reading these...now here...embrace them." It was the encouragement I need. Not to say that I'm not still struggling with relinquishing control and I'm still a rather impatient person, but I'm working hard at keeping these Scriptures close to mind.

"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry" -Psalm 40:1
"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are those who wait for him!" -Isaiah 30:18
"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope" -Psalm 130:5
"Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord" -Psalm 27:14 (My favorite out of all of them)


ALSO- I go home for Christmas in FOUR days!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment