Monday, May 23, 2011

Class Trip

Yikes. Over a month since I blogged.

Well, this past weekend I went on a trip to a city in the north of Hungary with the class that I'm assistant form teacher to. It was fun, but anything except for restful. We stayed in a cabin and just hung out around the campsite and visited the zoo and stuff during the day. It was pretty low key. There was quite a bit of drama and a few hiccups, but that's to be expected when you have 21 high schoolers in a contained area.

It was a great time for me to get to relax and connect with all of my students outside of the classroom. I do that quite a bit with certain students, but there are a few that I'd really like to get to know more. I'm also super thankful for the time that I got to spend with one of my colleagues, Erika. She's an incredible woman who has helped me through so much this past year... I probably wouldn't have survived without her.

All-in-all it was a great trip, but it's definitely going to take me a while to recover from it. There are 3 weeks and 1 day left of school and I have to say that I'm rather pumped about my up and coming trip back to the States!

No comments:

Post a Comment